Sunday, October 30, 2016

Friends

The thing about friends is that you want to be with them. At the least, they are fun to be around. At the most, they are family. The best people we know on our planet.
My friends are gracious, kind, supportive, understanding, funny, smart, kind, warm, generous, and loving.

Realistically, they are probably just like the rest of humanity; weak, short-tempered, annoying, petty, selfish, and the like. But I don't see it. I just don't see it.
I do see glimpses of people with complex stories and wounds. I see God-given strengths that sometimes are taken to the extreme and become a little unbalanced. But these small things are overshadowed by all the other gifts they have.

What does all of this mean? It means I am blessed. I have a good extended family. Really good. I have a small family- husband, four daughters, two (almost three) sons-in-laws, and two grandsons who are the apples of my eye. I have friends who love me and I love them. I have dear, close friends who are as precious as my family. What a rich, rich life.

No comments:

Post a Comment